Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Poem #203

Hey everyone :)
Hope you've all been enjoying the recent poems :) Today's poem is called "Heart Beat". It's sort of a story about love going wrong. Haha I don't really know how to describe it. You'll just have to read it :) Hope you all like it!

Heart Beat
As soon as you walked into my life,
My heart began to beat faster.
Pounding against my chest,
Wanting to break free and love you.
Pulsing out the rhythm of my feelings for you.
To me, it feels so obvious, seen by everyone,
And yet you don’t seem to notice.
My heart beats faster,
But all the while, you still don’t see.
You don’t return any of the feelings.
As my heart pounds harder,
It begins to hurt, all the time.
Aching with desire, unrequited love.
And as I see you with someone else,
It reaches the last beat it can take,
And snaps in two separate pieces,
Feeling as though it will never be whole again.
It doesn’t want to beat without you,
And I don’t want to be without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment