Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Poem #225

Today's poem is about choosing between two people that you love. It's from the point of view of someone who is torn between two loves and is having trouble making a choice.

Torn Between Loves
Not knowing which way to turn,
My heart yanks in two different directions.
My feelings for both are almost equal.
I can’t get either of them off my mind,
But which one should I choose?
My thoughts race through the choices,
My heart pounds when I see them.
So confused, I can’t decide.
I’m stuck in the middle of my desires.
My heart begins to lean in one direction,
But is then pulled back by the other.
And pain shoots through my stomach,
When I think about giving one up,
Or maybe both of them.
I don’t know how to deal with this,
And it’s driving me crazy.
Head spinning with every feeling,
I begin to realize what my choice is.
And even though it kills me inside,
I must break away from them both,
Because I can’t live like this,
Torn between loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment