Saturday, August 21, 2010

Poem #228

Hey everyone :) Hope you are all having a great weekend so far!
Today's poem is about reflections, both ones you see and ones you think. And it's also about how sometimes you want to get away from them or to forget about them for a while. I hope you all enjoy it! :)

Reflections
Standing in front of the glass, staring.
My reflection shines back to me.
Walking down the street, past shop windows,
I see my reflection once again.
Following me everywhere I go,
I can never get away from it,
No matter how hard I will try to.
I’m no longer recognizable,
I’ve been torn apart, changed so much.
So I don’t want to look anymore.
And my mind works in the same way.
I feel as though I can’t control it,
As it reflects back on time I don’t want to remember.
Emotions I don’t want to feel come back.
Shining back stories I don’t want to see, into my eyes.
And I can’t get away from this either.
It haunts me, follows me, wherever I go.
I wish these reflections would stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment