Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Poem #281

Hey guys!
Today's poem is called "Ashes". I got the idea from a book that I read a few years ago. This poem also, I must admit, talks about one of my greatest fears.

Ashes
Black, charred, piled up around,
Blowing through the cool crisp wind.
They fly around the scene,
Circling around my head,
Then away, into the distance.
I walk around, sifting through the rubble.
Frozen tears well up in the bottoms of my eyes.
As I look at the sadness around me,
My stomach is in knots.
My mind races through all possibilities,
Trying to figure out how it happened.
Did I do something wrong?
Was I the cause of this somehow?
My mind desperately tries to place the blame.
I struggle to grasp the idea of what has happened.
I watch the ashes blow away,
Stolen from the others,
Taken away from everything,
Just as my dreams, hopes, loves were stolen.
Just as the fire took everything away from me.

Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/AriMackenzieLocastro?feature=mhum for my poem recitation videos and other videos!
And check out http://livelovespeak.com for more of my work and the writing of Marie Brew who I have mentioned in other posts before :)

No comments:

Post a Comment