Saturday, October 30, 2010

Poem #298

Hey Everyone!
Halloween is tomorrow!! :) I've got a special poem for that day. Is anyone dressing up? :)
Tomorrow is also the last day of October meaning the last day before 300 poems!!!! On the day of the 300th poem (November 1st) I'm starting a cool month long challenge called "NaNoWriMo" (National Novel Writing Month) where I spend the month trying to write a 50,000 word novel! :) I'll be doing this on top of the poems AND live love speak so lets hope I can do it all :) If you want to follow my progress on that you can check out my profile on the official website: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/708692
I'll also post updates on here, facebook, and twitter, and videos on my youtube channel

High School Crush
Sitting at desks, teacher talks up front.
A sea of eyes focused on the board.
But your attention, not on lessons,
But on the feelings of your heart.
Looking off to the side at someone,
You feel totally in love.
They turn, you look down at the floor.
Walking through the crowded halls,
Past so many different people.
But then that one special someone passes through,
And it’s as if the crowd parts,
Light shines down, making them stand out,
The only person that you can see.
Your heart begins to pound,
Knees weaken, you can’t focus on anything else.
They brush against you, or smile,
And you feel like you might faint.
Their eyes, smile, voice, make you melt.
Is this what true love feels like?
Your first high school crush.

No comments:

Post a Comment