Thursday, November 11, 2010

Poem #310

Hey Everybody!
Today's poem is something that happens to me a lot. I can't seem to forget a lot of things that have happened to me in the past even though I really want to. There are things i don't want to think about but I also don't know how to get rid of. I'm sure many of us have memories like these.

Stuck In The Past
I can’t get out of my past,
Can’t let go of it, stop thinking about it.
Everything that happened years ago,
It is all still preying on my mind,
As if it just happened the other day.
I want to forget every minute,
Come into the present and stay there.
Only think about what is happening now,
And what might happen in the future.
I can’t concentrate on anything,
Focusing is completely impossible,
When my mind keeps going to the past.
I’m stuck in the past,
I need someone to get me out of this rut,
Push me forward into my life,
So I can leave all of this behind,
And stay here in the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment