Friday, December 10, 2010

Poem #339

Hey guys :)
Hope you all had a great week :)
Today's poem is another random poem. It's called Shooting Stars :)
Hope you like it!

Shooting Stars
Blazing across the sky,
Leaving their tales of wonder behind.
They fly throughout the black expanse,
Floating above the rotating globe.
They set the night on fire,
Lighting up the world.
And, as quickly as they came, 
They are gone,
Leaving only memories burned in your mind.
Lying on our backs in the soft grass,
We watch them travel their journey.
I wish I could experience that freedom,
The abandon of gliding through the air.
I could escape here in a flash,
And travel to my new world.
I want to soar through the world,
And my heart lights me up with joy.
A hand touches my shoulder,
And I am jolted out from my dreams,
As I realize the shooting stars are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment