Friday, December 31, 2010

Poem #360

Second poem of the day! :) (can you believe there are only five more left?!)

Dying Dreams
They fly from my mind, on dark black wings,
Into the abyss that sucks them away.
They hurt, ache, and break apart,
Never to be pieced together again.
I want them to come back,
I reach out to grab them,
But they slip right through my fingers,
And my heart breaks along with them.
I held them so dear, they were my life.
I feel lost without them, my mind is blank.
I feel like I have no purpose any longer.
My dreams have died, my future is blank,
And I don't know how to fill the pages.
My soul is sinking, my body hurts.
I fall to the ground and i can't move.
I don't know how to go on.
I disappear into the black abyss,
Following my dreams, hoping to catch them.
But deep down, i know they will never return.

No comments:

Post a Comment