Thursday, March 31, 2011

Poem #391

I just entered a contest a few days ago that I'm extremely excited about. I have the chance to be published :) I would absolutely love it if you guys could check it out and vote for me if you like it!! :) You are allowed vote every 24 hours :) to vote, you just scroll down to the bottom of the entry where the five stars on and click on whichever star you want to give :)
http://inkpop.strutta.com/entry/157085

Broken Promise
You told me so much, never stopped,
Sharing everything, your plans for the future.
You made my heart soar with the excitement we shared,
And I believed in us from the very beginning.
Secret plans, building each day,
Becoming a tale of greatness that was hard to believe.
But I trusted you in so many ways,
My heart never doubted you for a minute.
You had me there, held me tight,
With no way to escape, you would never let go.
But I wanted to be there, didn’t want to leave,
Until the fateful day when I knew.
You had broken your promise, broken my heart.
I loved you and you tore me apart.
With your thoughtless lies, you led me on,
And now I have to be strong alone.
Dreams crashed, smashed into pieces,
Just with a few simple words,
We said goodbye for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment