Thursday, March 31, 2011

Poem #392

I just entered a contest a few days ago that I'm extremely excited about. I have the chance to be published :) I would absolutely love it if you guys could check it out and vote for me if you like it!! :) You are allowed vote every 24 hours :) to vote, you just scroll down to the bottom of the entry where the five stars on and click on whichever star you want to give :)
http://inkpop.strutta.com/entry/157085

Flashbacks
Memories, like daggers, piercing my mind.
Forcing me to travel back in time.
Replaying the moments I tried to forget.
Experiencing the trials and torments,
All the pain, emotions that I never want,
Over and over again, relentlessly.
Sending my mind into a whirlwind,
Of hurt and harshness that will never go away.
Impairing my mind, injuring my being.
The scars that have been left,
On both my body and my mind,
Will never heal with time,
Sending me haunting memories,
That will stay with me to the end of time.
Prying into the most tender spots,
And wounding them beyond repair.
And I want to smash them to bits,
Every last one of them.
Crush them in my hands so they never return.
They are the glass which cuts at my skin,
The weapons that attack my mind,
And the fuel in the fire,
Of the passionate hatred that fills my soul.
Flashbacks will never end.

1 comment:

  1. Wow 6 poems each one wonderful, made excellent reading and such a joy.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete