Monday, April 11, 2011

Poem #398

Once again, sorry I've been gone for a while :( Busy week last week and on top of all of this I got really sick over the weekend and I've basically been flat on my back for the past three days :( And whatever I have is not supposed to go away for another week according to the doctor!!! But I've been writing every day despite the fact I haven't been able to post.  this will always be the case if I can't post for awhile and then I will just post them all when I get a chance to get back on the computer :) So here are some poems :) Hope you enjoy them!

Sunlight
Bright rays of golden yellow,
Streaming through the cracks in green leaves,
And the bends and curves of brown twigs.
High in the sky, shooting warmth,
Lifting the settling chill over the earth.
Glinting off the ripples of water,
And shining brilliantly in your eyes.
People admire the splendid view,
From behind dark circles that shade their sight.
Lighting the world up in a blast.
Taking it’s constantly circulating trip,
Through the clear blue sky and back.
Bring the hope of a new day,
It highlights the world with joy,
Something that we can depend on with our whole hearts,
To always be there for us.
No matter what, sunlight will come again.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry you've been ill, I hope you will soon be well.
    I loved this one, and Yes the sunlight will come again.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete