Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Poem #443

Going The Distance

The miles pile on, the distance lengthening,
And our relationship is in desperate need of strengthening.
But I’m willing to go the distance,
If it means I can be with you.

My body is weary and my feet are aching,
But the pain is nothing compared to my heart breaking.
But I’m still traveling the distance,
If it means I can be with you.

I stumble and my eyes blur the road before me,
To the point where I can just barely see.
But I keep walking the distance,
Since it means I can be with you.

The vision of your face, the feel of your embrace,
Fills up my head’s empty, dark space.
And I run the distance,
Because I know I can be with you.

Energy and joy rushes into my heart,
As I realize that we will no longer be apart.
And I fall into your arms,
Because I have gone the distance so I can be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment