Friday, May 13, 2011

Poem #439

I always love writing poems about love!! :)

Something Like Love
I held your hand in that white, silk glove,
And I began to think this was something like love.
You made my heart pound the walls of my chest,
Never stopping, never giving me a rest.
My knees felt weak, threatened to give out,
And I knew immediately what this feeling was about.
We danced in the silvery light of the moon,
A memory I won’t be forgetting anytime soon.
The glint of your eyes, the feel of your touch,
Made me realize I don’t feel like this much.
Something about you stands out in my mind,
Your loving embrace and a heart so kind.
Grasping your hand, holding on so tight,
As we step outside into the light.
You make my soul soar high like a dove,
And now I’m sure this is something like love.

No comments:

Post a Comment