Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Poem #458

Delirium
Wandering around, in a mental daze,
My entire head floats about in a haze.
I can’t see through the thick, gray mist,
And as I walk my heart fills up with whist.
I stumble around with no aim in mind,
And everything appears so hard to find.
I’m walking in smoke; the scent fills my nose,
And wherever I end up, that’s where it goes.
I can’t escape this delirious state,
But I have to find a way out before it’s too late.
The fog engulfs me, tires to swallow me whole,
And it keeps getting darker the further I stroll.
The hazy blanket begins covering my heart,
The only thing keeping me from falling apart.
I fall to my knees with a blank stare,
And wish that crystal clear skies where there,
So they might save me from my haze,
And clear me out of my mental daze.

No comments:

Post a Comment