Sunday, June 19, 2011

Poem #476

Love You, Hate You
I love the time we spend together,
The way we laugh with twinkling eyes.
I hate the fact that we’re birds of a feather,
And we end up in fights no matter how hard we try.
I love the way you hold me in your arms,
The warmth of your body up against mine.
But I hate the way you use your charms,
On others beside me, and act like a swine.
Yet I love your bright and sparking smile,
The sound of your laugh ringing through the air.
I hate when we don’t talk for a while.
Your constant mood changes make me pull my hair.
My knees go weak when I look at you,
And my heart pounds hard against my chest.
But when I am angry, my heart doesn’t know what to do,
And it begs my mind to give it a rest.
With you, I never want to part.
I love you with ever fiber in me.
I hate you for what you do to my heart.
Because, with you, I’m the best I can be.
But even though I hate you so,
I love you more than you will ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment