Monday, September 26, 2011

BIG NEWS!!

Hey guys :)

Today has been so exciting and I wanted to share this with you :)
A few months back, I entered a writing contest with HarperCollins. The  contest was to recreate a scene from Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream and write from the perspective of one of the characters in the scene that you chose. Voting was open to the public for a few weeks and then the top 25 stories (one of which was mine) were read by HarperCollins editors. The editors then chose 5 stories to publish in their printing of A Midsummer Night's Dream. My story was one of the 5 to be published!! And today, I received 10 advanced copies of the book :D I'm officially a published author!! The book will be released in stores on October 18th :D

4 comments:

  1. Oh how exciting! Congratulations what a huge honour to be published. I know this is just the start of a long career for you. Your blog is beautiful and thank you for commenting and visiting my blog
    I have tried to "follow" you but google is not allowing me this morning I shall try again
    Helen Tilston
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an awesome writer. You deserved it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, congrats!!! I will buy that book when it comes out, if it's introduced in my country :D

    It's my aim to become a published writer too, and I hope one day it will come true!!

    I love your poetry, you have gained a follower- Dipika(Me) from India :D

    Hope we can be friends here on blogger.

    much love!

    xoxo'

    ReplyDelete